Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Name The Mushrooms!


You know how photographers are.  We go in for the shot and then the important information, like what type mushrooms these are, goes right past us.  I do know that they were from Sanctuary Farms in Glencoe, AL.  Visit their stand at the Pepper Place Market.  While you're there, find out about these gorgeous mushrooms for me.

Just kidding. The owners were kind enough to email me the results late last night,  they are....OYSTER MUSHROOMS.  Who knew!!!

8 comments:

TheChieftess said...

Just as long as they're not the poisonous kind!!!

Thérèse said...

With a little bit of garlic in an omelette...

brattcat said...

what a beautiful shot...thought it makes me hungry.

brattcat said...

i meant "though"

s.c said...

The forms of nature are always the masters of art. Thanks for showing Virginia.

FilipBlog said...

The mushrooms are certainly big.

Greetings,
Filip

Anonymous said...

Oh I love mushrooms and would love to know what these taste like. They are something else!

William Kendall said...

I do like the texture to them. Interesting look.