Thursday, January 16, 2014

So Many Books.......



Jim Reed calls his shop on Third Avenue downtown, Jim Reed Books / Museum of Fond Memories. I will admit that this extensive collection of memorabilia is for a photographer, the ultimate photo op, but his stash of old books, which line the walls and engulf an entire room, are pretty impressive as well.

I have to watch my visits,  as I'm already starting to resemble his collection of books right here at home!

Jim Reed Books/Museum of Fond Memories
2021 3rd Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203

9 comments:

Cloudia said...

- So Little Time, yes!

Remember Burgess Meredith as the man who finally had enough time to read, then broke his glasses? Ah, the Twilight Zone!




ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Thérèse said...

The same for us... but moving helps a lot...

Revrunner said...

I notice how Michael Crichton's books stand out. :-)

Luis Gomez said...

Nice shot Virginia.

Anonymous said...

I have to give mine away. We have been taking some to Brookhaven where a lot of seniors live. If anyone needed a book to help them pass the time, it would be one of them.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Oh, this photo of yours, looks like a candy store, to me. :-) And obviously, it resembles that, to you too! Since you are having a difficult time, resisting his "goodies." :-)

Tessa~

William Kendall said...

I see some books I've got... others I'd like to get my hands on!

MadAboutParis said...

Ahhhhh...books, one of my many favorite obsessions!

Jack said...

I am quite familiar with this problem . . .