Monday, December 1, 2014

CDP Theme Day - Worker

 
The Sons of Vulcan are a non-profit blacksmith and metalworking group located in our Avondale community, dedicated to the artistic traditions of metal working.  Last month, they demonstrated their expertise at our Art in Avondale Park event.  Very cool to watch. I'll have more photos to come.

This is the first of the month and as always, for over 6 years, I've participated in our City Daily Photo Theme Day. Click HERE to see how my fellow CDP bloggers interpreted the theme for this month.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's fascinating to watch them. I was going to go with a blacksmith shot for the theme here in my home town... until I noticed a glitch in the image.

Kate said...

Have never watched one of these workers, but I'd like to. B&W excellent choice for the subject and image.

Julie said...

Is that a phone clipped on his "Bob the Blacksmith" belt?

Dina said...

Now I've got the Anvil Chorus in my head.
Long live these Sons of Vulcan.

NCSue said...

I found your photo on the CDP theme & love the image. Great work!

Please come link up at http://www.image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/12/summer-memories.html

Jane Hards Photography said...

Knew you'd have a belting pic for the theme. Good to see so may tradesman out there.

LOLfromPasa said...

A craftsman. Wonderful!