Friday, July 7, 2017

Where Artists Create - Meet the Artist

I spent an afternoon with Celeste Pfau while she worked her magic in the printing studio of the Alabama School of Fine Arts, where she was a student and uses the space when it's available.  It was a fascinating experience,  following her through her botanical print process. I'm sure I overstayed my welcome! Come back tomorrow and have a look around her creative space!

How would you describe your work?


"My work is serious in its playfulness. I use my intuition often to create it. No two pieces are exactly the same, but I do often work in series and explore certain compositions again and again until I get to where I am interested in going.. I do not sit and think and make nothing.. I THINK and embrace the creative process through DOING! Nothing is wasted. I do eventually find ways to use most everything I make even the left over papers I produce when I am creating my prints."


3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Must have been a wonderful experience and thanks for sharing. Nice weekend!

William Kendall said...

Celeste has a cheerful smile!

Kate said...

It is a wonderful and engaging art form.