Monday, March 19, 2018

Frank Flemming 1940-2018


Birmingham artist Frank Fleming passed away yesterday. I was privileged to know him as a neighbor back in the 90. He would walk up and down Saulter Road in his shorts and floppy hat, and give me a wave. In 2010, I spent some time with him,  and he graciously allowed me to photograph his studio, housed in his home. He was a humble, kind and gentle man. He will be sorely missed but his magical creatures located all over this city will always be a reminder of his creative spirit.









3 comments:

William Kendall said...

He certainly had a gift! I'm sorry for his family.

Bob Crowe said...

His unique vision is evident. Thanks for passing this along.

TheChieftess said...

So sorry for your loss Virginia...and for Birmingham... He looks like he was a character!