Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gallette du roi....


Well in Paris everyone is buying up these divine cakes for the celebration of  Gallete des Rois (Epiphany. I have another reason to post this photo from Paris.  Eric Tenin, the creator of Paris Daily Photo AND CityDaily Photo blogs is having a birthday today!  For quite a while, I've called Eric "Le Roi de CDP", so it's only fitting that we celebrate in this way.  I'm in Paris and will be wishing Eric a BON ANNIVERSAIRE in person tomorrow evening.  I'll give him your best! :)
V

13 comments:

Pat said...

I love the galette des rois, but somehow never seem to get la feve; maybe once.

brattcat said...

vive le roi.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to Eric! And that looks like a tasty pastry! Have a wonderful time in Paris!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Looks delicious!
Happy Birthday to Eric!

Tanya Breese said...

i must be related then as a couple of my ancestors were filles du roi!

Luis Gomez said...

They look delicious!

TheChieftess said...

Happy celebration!!! Wish Eric a wonderful birthday from all of us!

Daryl said...

Leave it to you to be in Paris at the right time.. have you and Mary met up with Steve T yet?

Bergson said...

j'en vaux , j'en veux

RedPat said...

They look scrumptious!

La Petite Gallery said...

That looks delish. Tell him Happy Birthday from a blogger.
yvonne
I love Paris anytime.

FancyHorse said...

And we have King Cakes down here in Mobile! They celebrate the visit of The Three Kings, and also tie in with Mardi Gras. :-)

Nathalie said...

Ah la galette, I love it.
I was actually queen this year, lucky me. A belated happy birthday to Eric!