Friday, March 3, 2017

Lenten Photo a Day Practice - Day 3 Sacrifice

So many sacrificed during the Civil Rights Movement, and here in Birmingham, we have never forgotten. The Eour Spritis, by Birmingham sculptor Elizabeth McQueen is a powerful tribute to the four young girls killed in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963. In the distance, Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.  Kelly Ingram Park, Birmingham.

For the next 40 days of Lent, I will be posting a photo each day using the list from RethinkChurch.org. I've been wanting a project to push my photography and I hope you will enjoy my offerings and maybe some of you might want to join as well. #rethinkchurch

4 comments:

TheChieftess said...

Such a tragic moment in our nation's history...

William Kendall said...

Very powerful indeed.

Kate said...

So glad you ae doing this! I'll look forward to each photo to see what you find.

biebkriebels said...

A touching sculpture of the four girls remembering bad times.