Friday, June 16, 2017

Where Artists Create - Glass Beads





Today we explore artist Kevin Irwin's beautiful hand sculpted glass bead work. For a photographer, the array of colorful glass rods, all artistically arranged by glorious colors is enough, but watching her light the fire and begin the intricate work of making her magical beads is challenging but fascinating. When this process is done, she begins creating her unique bracelets and necklaces.


If you work in more than one medium, which one is your favorite?  "I love glass work,  but my body could no longer do much of it… so I would say the clay work because I still get to use glass( glazes)."




3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Lovely glass beads, very creative indeed. Greetings to you and have a nice weekend!

William Kendall said...

That's amazing work!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Beautiful work. My hubby is currently doing some lampworking and I hope to have some beads to the Dr in the future.