Thursday, June 8, 2017

Where Artists Create - Sarah Soule Webb

Sarah and art dog, Betsy

I"m excited to announce a new photographic series, Where Artists Create.  From time to time, I plan to feature artists and artisans in the Birmingham area who will share their creative spaces and their thoughts on the way they make their art and a lot more.

I start my series with a sweet friend, neighbor and very talented painter, Sarah Soule Webb. Sarah grew up in Pensacola FL but has strong Birmingham roots. She lives in my Forest Park neighborhood with husband Andy and two precious, and very photogenic boys, James and Paul.

For the next few days, I'll share photos of Sarah's work and where she makes her art.

What is the inspiration for your work?  "I love the way light filters through trees or bounces off of water. Now that I paint several days a week, I notice it everywhere. In puddles, dappled sunlight on the lawn, beautiful shapes of shadows created by plants or people. Im inspired by symmetry and repetition in architecture. Sometimes when Im looking at a building or a horizon I imagine invisible lines all converging to a focal point to create perspective. "



4 comments:

Blogoratti said...

A lovely idea indeed, warm greetings and best wishes!

Margaret said...

OOH!! I love this and can't wait to see more of the series. I am obsessed with artists' studios. Will Barbara let you photograph hers? ;-)

William Kendall said...

A wonderful portrait!

Gunn said...

What a nice, interesting and beautiful posting!