Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Southern California Sunset





As many of you know, I've been in Los Angeles for the past five days as the guest of my dear friend and blog reader Judy and her (very patient)  husband Dave.  They made it possible for me to come out a year ago,  and again this past week for more blog fun and frivolity.  I have more photos to share in the weeks to come of the Los Angeles area and my great blog friends, but today I share a magnificent view from their back deck overlooking the canyon.

I'm also including a photo of Judy with me at the Getty Museum. We met almost three years ago when she found my blog. We started emailing, chatting by phone and the rest is  history. A very dear and special friend made possible by blogging!

16 comments:

Olivier said...

tres beau panorama,la lumiere est tres belle

Jilly said...

How beautiful that is. And how lovely to see you with a friend, met through blogging, be it fellow-blogger or visitor to a blog. Blogging has changed the lives of all of us - new and valued friends come into our lives. All fabulous! Enjoy your California visit, V.

Thérèse said...

The multiple joys of blogging! Enjoy!

Luis Gomez said...

Great post Virginia. Sounds like and I know you had a great time.

Daryl said...

You both look wonderful .. isnt meeting blog friends the best? If not for you, I wouldnt know Mary ... I can never thank you enough for suggesting we meet ...

Anonymous said...

You're both a rare treat.

Ken Mac said...

party animal!

-K- said...

It's a great story and I'm grateful to have been a part of it, at least for a brief time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful purple sunset and what a heartwarming story about the power of blogging to make new connections and friends. Have a wonderful time and be safe!

Pat said...

Great view she has. Blog friends are such fun.

Pet said...

Lovely sunset. Looking forward to your other California Posts.

Petrea Burchard said...

Wonderful shots. You and Judy are both treasures and I wouldn't have met either of you if not for this crazy software.

James said...

What a beautiful view!

Judy - So California said...

Oh my - aren't I the lucky one? I get all the benefits of your friendship V and you share all these wonderful blogger friends with me and I don't even do any work. I just enjoy. As I said I am the lucky one! We had a great time didn't we?

MadAboutParis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadAboutParis said...

Oh the friends we make via the bloggosphere...life is so much richer because of those lively connections!