Tuesday, January 1, 2013

City Daily Photo Theme Day - Best Photo of 2012


Every January 1st, City Daily Photobloggers around the world select their best/favorite photograph to share.  Having posted 365 (more or less) it's sometimes a daunting task.  This year was a no brainer for me.  The loving hand of this Birmingham artist guiding the tiny hand of this little artist with special needs, was first posted here on  June 29th.  It was my first experience photographing for Birmingham's VSA Art Partners, but certainly not my last.  Later I was asked to photograph their awards ceremony and after that, their fabulous auction to raise much needed funds to keep this program going and growing. It is a privilege to be able to volunteer my time for this marvelous program.

 "VSA Alabama’s ArtPartnersprogram provides people living with disabilities and chronic illnesses the chance to develop meaningful relationships with artists in our community while creating collaborative masterpieces"

Many City Daily Photobloggers are posting their Favorite Photo of the Year right HERE. Go have a look!

As I look back on this year, I'm so grateful for all of you that read this blog and often leave comments.  You're why I keep doing what I'm doing.

 HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA!

19 comments:

Red Nomad OZ said...

A beautiful photo with an even more beautiful story behind it - I'm not surprised you chose this one!!

Happy New Year!

Kate said...

It's a wonderful choice and a terrific feeling to find something for which volunteering is a real joy. Happy New Year!

brattcat said...

such a dear choice! sending warmest wishes from vermont for a glorious 2013.

biebkriebels said...

It is a very touching photo. Happy New Year to you!

Thérèse said...

Such a meaningful picture! A link between generations, a learning process!
Have a wonderful year ahead Virginia!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Finger painting is great - Happy New Year.

Daryl said...

Happy New Year

Tanya Breese said...

oh wow, i love this! such a sweet choice! happy new year to you and your family!

Cindy said...

Aw, what a sweet photo- and a wonderful program. Love all of your work.

TheChieftess said...

Happy New Year Virginia!!!

Anonymous said...

Certainly one of the best images I've seen lately.

Please have a good New Year ahead.

daily athens photo

Kim said...

So many layers of "best" in this photo. You take so many super shots each year, I'm glad to see it is not just the image itself but all the layers of connection behind an image that make it super. That's the glory of photoblogging our communities, those connections we make. I'm so pleased with the places your camera has taken you in the past number of years, V. What a wonderful journey of discovery. . .and revelation. Best to you in 2013, and hope to see you up close and personal :-) someday.
-Kim

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Great choice Virginia ! I love the feeling that comes out from the photo. A very Happy New Year !!!

Bob Crowe said...

I don't remember this (must have been spacier than usual that day). Gorgeous. It's full of what's best about humanity.

I couldn't contain myself to one picture today. Or two or three.

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Beautiful photo Virginia!
Wishing you a great 2013!

Babzy.B said...

Very good choice ,you captured a unique moment ! :)
Best wishes for 2013 !

-K- said...

I can understand why this is your favorite. It's full of love.

Buck said...

I don't normally say 'capture' but that's the word that fits perfectly here. You have captured the essence of what it means to be a teacher. So beautiful! Happy 2013!

William Kendall said...

Excellent choice, Virginia!