Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Where Artists Create - Meet Emily Morgan Brown


Emily Morgan Brown is a multi talented artist who has made a name for herself with her beautiful graphite children's portraits. Lately, she's off in a fabulous new direction, and I was lucky enough to visit her in her studio a few weeks ago. Join me this week when we will visit Emily's creative space and see her exquisite creations.

VJ: What place inspires you?

EMB: "I have to say my studio. I definitely get inspired by beautiful places and nature, but I try not to get too caught up in the feelings or rely too much on inspiration in order to produce work. I fully believe in what Picasso said, "inspiration exists, but it has to find you at work." My best work and ideas pop out while I'm in my studio at 3 am after I feel like nothing else will come. "

VJ: Creatively, what would you like to explore?
EMB:  I would love to create large scale murals. Studying something as small as a flower over such a large scale is really fun for me.

Follow Emily on Instagram @emilymorganbrown, 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful portrait of her.