Thursday, August 24, 2017

Where Artists Create - The Studio

 Today, we visit Emily's studio. It reminds me of a playhouse and inside this cute little place, located the Brown's backyard, Emily creates her wonderful portraits and exquisite botanicals. Let's have a look.



VJ: Tell me about your creative space.

EMB:I work out of the studio that my husband built for me in our backyard. I have this perfect little room with great light and I get to watch my girls play outside with a babysitter. The best of both worlds as a working mother!




VJ: What place inspires you ?

EMB: I have to say my studio. I definitely get inspired by beautiful places and nature, but I try not to get too caught up in the feelings or rely too much on inspiration in order to produce work. I fully believe in what Picasso said, "inspiration exists, but it has to find you at work." My best work and ideas pop out while I'm in my studio at 3 am after I feel like nothing else will come. 






3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like Emily's style!

Stuart said...

What a great story... and well told and photographed.

Unknown said...

Awesome photographs!