Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keeper of the Gates



We been here to the Garage before.  These gates probably don't look familiar to you because I first posted them here way back in June when almost noone in "blogland",  but Rambling Round, Dusty Lens and Tom Wigley knew I was alive!  I also posted what's on the inside of these gates here.  The Garage is a well known place in Birmingham for assorted "stuff" and a funky little bar as well.  I love these gates so I am happy to have a chance to show them off again.  I would estimate I have taken  close to 60 shots of them from every angle and every time of day.  That rich rust color and the graphic element is very appealing to me.  I envisioned a grouping of 4-6 different shots of them hanging in my home ....... still on the To Do list.  I have come to the realization that the gates might be one of those things that I really like and perhaps few others feel the same,  and that's OK with me.  Call me quirky!

The Tune du Jour is "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Rod Stewart 

PARIS COUNTDOWN.....5 DAYS!!!!
I am resisting the urge to go into HOUR mode. Will save that for the weekend!



15 comments:

Tash said...

I remember those previous posts - I think I saw the garden chairs when it was 1st posted. I bet you pull out the best of the place in your photos. - Only 5 days, how thrilling!

Julie said...

Hiya Quirky: I like rusty metal, decaying wood, fraying rope and mossy stones. It gets me every time. 'Tis a cross I happily carry.

4 more sleeps, eh? Is it only Paris? What suburb again? I am a sieve at the moment. And list 5 quirky things - not yer majors but yer Virginia's if you would!!

Pat said...

Thought you were already in Paris with this post! Five more days; lucky you! Drink a glass of Bordeaux for me in some cafe, okay?

Hilda said...

I can understand why you love these gates — I think they're gorgeous too. I also visited your previous posts and, wow, I love The Garage. I can get lost in there for hours!

Webradio said...

I only call You : Virginia !

And You hear very good musics... Rod Stewart ! ma jeunesse...

Have a nice day !

alice said...

When this photo appeared, I thought you've made a stop in Greece! Birmingham is full of surprises! We saw some views of your city on the French tv last week about the elections...

Diesel is a very expensive brand in my opinion, more than 150/200 euros for a pair of jeans, I think it is! So, I can only say I know it.

I can't wait to see all these bloggers next week in Paris!

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

Don't forget to have a street artist do your portrait!!

Marie-Noyale said...

Sounds like a place I would love to hang around...day And night!!
Funny how a "detail" in a picture can change the whole atmosphere.... this statue gives an even more antique feeling to the door.
@ great new angles compare to the June post.
In a week, at this time you wil be enjoying a "French Croque Monsieur" in a cafe for lunch...

Unknown said...

Digital cameras certainly do "open the gates" for taking photos from every angle. But that's what makes it fun.

marley said...

I can see why you like them. I think a series of photos for your home would be really nice.

Rob said...

I remember these gates! Quite unique. quirky? Maybe. Maybe you know what you like. I have a thing for bicycle photos; it's all I can do fto keep myslef from falling victim to my own quirkyness. ;-)

Kate said...

What an interesting combination: antique store and pub. Do you visit both night and day?

Jane Hards Photography said...

Woule this image be the smae in mon. Strangely no, the rusting would not be as effective. Ah Tom, how I miss my visits to Wigger's world.

Ming the Merciless said...

The statue looks a lot like Neptune, God of the Sea.

Virginia said...

MIng, he might be Neptune. I am "Greek god" challenged.