Sunday, November 16, 2008

Off We Go!!!



FINALLY!  After 8 months of anticipation and planning, Karen and I are off at last.  What started as just a great vacation  week in Paris,  has become something so much more. When we hatched this Paris adventure in March, I had no idea that I would become a member of the City Daily Photo global community.  Since the start of my blog in June,  I have been blessed by the number of  wonderful friendships I have made.  I have laughed and learned from each of you. Your comments and critiques have been incredibly helpful as I struggle to become a better photographer.   When I get on that plane today, I will be taking so many of you with me.  I do so appreciate your enthusiasm, excitement,  and well wishes.  When I arrive in Paris, there will be dear French friends waiting for me there.  How on earth did a girl from Birmingham, Alabama get this lucky??   All I can say is, "Merci beaucoup."  I promise to bore you to absolute tears with my photographs when I return home so prepare yourselves!  Please buckle your seatbelts and put your tray tables in the upright position.  It's now time for take off.......

Today's photo is la Tour Eiffel in the rain.  It rains a lot in Paris and this photo proves that even in the rain, Paris is magical.  "I love Paris when it drizzles." (It's a good thing because it probably will... a lot!)  

The Tune du Jour is.... "Paris tour eiffel" by Le Grand Orchestre du Splendid.  I think our friend Olivier in Evry, France,  introduced me to this song.  Merci, Olivier! 

DEPART BIRMINGHAM....  11/16  11:30 am
ARRIVE  PARIS... 11/17  9:40 am

This adorable video will give you a taste of France today! I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have! 

Eva had it all figured out on our trip in March , 2007.  Luckily her tiny legs fit on the tray table.  No leg-room was not a worry for her.  For her Mumsie....yes!

33 comments:

Tash said...

Bon voyage, ma chère amie. You have such a wonderful attitude that it's obvious that you will enjoy every moment of your Paris stay. Thanks for treating us already to a photo of my most favorite structure. I hope a visit to the top of Tour Monparnasse is in your plans.

Benjamin Madison said...

Oui, bon voyage! Je parle francais comme idiot, mais j'espere que vous amusez vousmeme beaucoup!

USelaine said...

Have a blast, V.! (As if you need me to advise you on that! 6^))

Webradio said...

Hello Virginia !
Now, Yous posts must be in french...
I'm smiling...

See You later !

PeterParis said...

Nice to see your exitement about the trip! When I write this, it's 3 in the morning, your time, and you are hopefully (despite your - positive - exitment) having a nice and relaxing sleep! Try to sleep also during the flights - you have some busy days in front of you! See you soon!

As for the weather; at least Monday - when you arrive should be fairly sunny. Let's hope for a nice mix the following days!

(The little Amélie on the video is adorable!)

Anonymous said...

V, The DAY is finally here. Go and have a wonderful time. Actually there's no doubt about it! Can't wait to be bored - NOT - by your lovely pics. Bon Voyage!

Pat said...

Bon voyage from someone who is at least in the same time zone as Paris! You and I will be snapping our shutters at the same time...okay, I work, but I'll snap some later in the day! Don't forget to drink a glass of Bordeaux pour moi.

Hey--I have to type FINGER to sign in! That's probably for my shutter finger!

Virginia said...

Benjamin
Idiot is a good word for my francais as well- HA!

Judy
Show the video to your granddaughters , they will love it. PEter's right, she is adorable!!

Peter, Thankfully I was asleep at 3 am. Will try and get a nap on the flights! See you soon.....

Bibi,That's two glasses of bordeaux for you and Bob. I'll do my best!

E, Thanks!

Web, My friend Mike told me the same thing. Oh you would more than smile if you could actually HEAR my French. LOL is more like it. I do try though, give me credit for that much.

Janet said...

Bon voyage, Virginia!

Tanya Breese said...

Oh I am excited for you! Can't wait to see Paris through your camera lens. And todays photo is very "magical" :) I wish I could be a stow-a-way!

angela said...

Have a great trip...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy.

I will post some of my own photos on my blog this week.

wishing i was there!

www.fromwhatihaveseen.com

MadAboutParis said...

Mumsie dear...drink it ALL in - every last drop!!!
Next time I'll hope to be with you...
xx,
M

Chuck Pefley said...

Virginia, lucky you heading to Paris. The time is here ... finally! I know how you've been counting the days and looking forward to this trip. ENJOY! Post when you get the chance.

Bon voyage, buon viaggio!

Chuck

Virginia said...

Sitting in the B'ham INTERNATIONAL Airport! ( I'm serious!) We have been here forever it seems. We have about half an hour to go before we board.
V

Victor said...

Bon voyage Virginia!

Jilly said...

Bon Voyage, Virginia! Talk to you soon...

Sharon said...

Have a fantastic time!!

Petrea Burchard said...

Bon voyage, Virginia! Have a wonderful time!

Eki said...

A perfectly chosen photo to mark your second trip to Paris, V. Oh, how I envy you for this trip ...

Wait for me Paris ... I'm planning mine too ... :)

PeterParis said...

Don't forget to disconnect your laptop during take-off and landing!! :-)

Olivier said...

avec un peu de retard, je te souhaite un bon voyage dans notre capitale. tu dois être contente.

a little late, I wish you a pleasant journey in our capital. You'd be happy.

PJ said...

Bon voyage, Virginie!

marley said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Très Bon Voyage Virginia en France. Pris will smile you !

Katie said...

I'm so happy that in mere hours you'll be in Paris! Have an absolute blast and don't worry about us; just have fun and check in only if you have spare time, which I hope you don't! Can't wait to see your photos!

Hilda said...

By the time you read this, you'll probably be in Paris already. Have a wonderful, magical vacation!

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

I am so happy for you!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Bon voyage. Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diederick Wijmans said...

Bon voyage, Virginia!! We are all very envious about your trip!!
Keep us informed!!

Ming the Merciless said...

The Eiffel Tower photo is awesome!!

Great shot! When I travel, I don't like to take photos. I just want to relax and absorb the scene, instead of taking photos.

Rob said...

Bon voyage Have a wonderful trip!

tr3nta said...

The Eiffel shot is something... bravo...