Sunday, December 4, 2011

Art Day with the YLF


Last Thursday I had the privilege of meeting and working with the 44 area high school juniors that are participating in this year's Youth Leadership Forum, an outgrowth of the highly successful Leadership Birmingham.  This elite group gathers once a month for a full day learning every aspect of our community.   This month the focus was art,  and I was was asked to talk with them about taking better photographs and guide them through a photography project at Railroad Park.  After hearing the day's agenda, I asked if I could tag along! They started with a drum circle with John Scalisi, and after our outing at the park, they moved to the Birmingham Museum of Art for a guided tour and lunch with area actors, musicians, and videographers. For the afternoon, they were divided into interest groups for recording, cooking, dance and drama.  A full day of learning, working and learning together. Thank you YLF for letting me share the day with you. I hope I can join you again! ( Of course there will be more photos in the days to come!)

6 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Excellent concept. They should do something like this for adults as well.

brattcat said...

i'm eager to see the day through your lens.

Virginia said...

Dave, Leadership is the "adult" version! :)

BC, Oh you will!

Luis Gomez said...

Great Virginia!

Birdman said...

I bet there is some 'creativiy here. Look at those faces!

Petrea Burchard said...

Wow, what an ambitious day! It sounds (and looks) like a fantastic group.