Monday, December 26, 2011

Mother's Bells


On Christmas Eve eve, we gather at our neighbors' for a lovely, old fashion carol sing.  Two baby grands with four pianists play for us while we all eat and sip and catch up with one another.  Then, out come the song sheets and we sing our hearts out.  Their home is a wonderful old Forest Park jewel that has been lovingly restored. In the glass bookcases beside the fireplace, this year I discovered Carolyn's mother's bell collection.  What a treasure.

13 comments:

Pat said...

"Silver bells, silver bells...."

brattcat said...

beautiful image, wonderful tradition.

Unknown said...

A great collection Virginia.
Hope you had a great time also.
Costas

Thérèse said...

... ring a ling, hear them sing...
Nice.

Luis Gomez said...

It does sound like a merry good time!

Daryl said...

What a lovely way to celebrate

Bob Crowe said...

But did the bells ring along with singing? I can't see the whole room but they sort of look like they're in bell jail. Better to be heard.

TheChieftess said...

What a fun Christmas experience!!!

When I was little (many, many moons ago!) we used to go with my grandparents to a restaurant that we always called the Bell Ringer's...the owner had a huge collection of bells that adorned just about every wall. At some point during dinner, he would play something on his bells...it was quite fun...one of my favorite places to go with grandma and grandpa!!!

TheChieftess said...

Ohhh!!! And BTW...I love, love, LOVE your new banner photo!!!

Petrea Burchard said...

Beautiful photo and collection. It goes along with what I'm posting tomorrow. Sort of.

ardiola said...

Do you have a kind of "wide greniere" in the region?
Lovely bells.

Virginia said...

ardiola,
Wow, I had to google translate that one. Yes we have
garage sales here but I don't go to many. I downsized this year so I don't need more "stuff"! :)
V

Bergson said...

il faudra libérez la collection pour Paques