Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let's Get This Holiday Started!


Nothing like a Christmas Parade to get you in the Christmas spirit.  Last week I attended the Homewood parade and I thought I'd share a few with you today.  It's was chock full of homemade floats with shepherds ( Mary and Joseph?) throwing candy and Santa cheerleaders slinging Mardi Gras beads.  I think here in the south, our various holiday parades have morphed into one! Oh and I guess you're wondering if Santa showed up. He did, but I'm saving him for another day!:)_

7 comments:

Chrissy Brand said...

Great festive scenes- we don't have Christmas parades here so it's nice to see one ;-)

Chrissy at Manchester: a photo a day at Mancunian Wave

Luis Gomez said...

I always like parades!

Daryl said...

Who doesnt love a parade? Probably the street sweepers!

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Homewood but now live in Leeds. Miss the old place and these photos brought back some memories. Thanks for sharing them.

By the way, I have you listed on Birmingham's RSS under Artistic. Glad to have you in the community!

- ScottW
Birmingham's RSS
www.bhamsrss.com

Anonymous said...

The three wise guys? Whoever they are, lovely sense of community.

Bob Crowe said...

The float looks like Southwestern Mission architecture. What's with the beads outside New Orleans these days? They are tossed around here at a wide variety of events.

TheChieftess said...

Precious!!!