Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Photographer's Obsession


Some of you will understand this, most of you won't.  I have been eying this collection of blue glass electrical "thingys" in my neighborhood for well over a year.  I toyed with the idea of just pulling  up in the driveway and snapping away but thought better of it.  As luck would have it, my neighbor knows the owner and now a world of great photo ops are now mine......legally. I know I have readers that will know the name for these lovely aqua treasures.

5 comments:

s.c said...

What about isolators for the current carrying cables.

Daryl said...

i believe they are part of traffic lights or similarly used signal lights .. nice to get access .. of course you could have always used a long lens from non trespassing distance

Eeyore said...

In this part of the US we call them insulators. They were used to isolate power cables from the poles on which they were strung. They still use them, but they are more likely some ceramic now and look different.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful shade for these!

Bob Crowe said...

Yeah, I know the concept in your title. I think they are some kind of insulators.