Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Vintage Power to the People


This week I had the privilege to photographing the old Thomas Jefferson Hotel that is now under renovation. After standing empty since 1983, this 87 year old treasure will be transformed into apartments and on the ground level, an event venue in the near future. Just another soon to be jewel in our downtown area. Many years ago, I attended band parties there after college football games at Legion Field.

A special thank you to Merrill Stewart of Stewart Perry Construction and their Tom Dill who patiently walked me through as many floors as I wanted to explore. 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I can see that taking a whole lot of work!

Bob Crowe said...

This is terrific. Industrial abstract, beautifully composed, decay of the modern. A prizewinner IMHO. Of course, MHO tends to be a bit off center.