Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Historical Abstracts




Since last February, I have been photographing the historic 93 year old Pizitz Department Store building in downtown Birmingham. While of course the architectural details caught my eye, I was drawn to what appeared to be abstract paintings in the stairwells, walls and ceilings throughout the building. This collection I've named Historical Abstracts. I am thrilled to announce that 62 of my abstracts and architectural details will be installed in the common areas of the 6 floors of  apartments as well as the lobby. A very special thank you to Bayer Property's project manager, Tom Walker and Wisznia's architect Jules Lagarde for allowing me access to the building, supporting my work and for selecting my photographs for the beautiful renovation due to open December, 2016.

On Thursday, November 3, I will show my Pizitz Series at the Henhouse Antiques in English Village from 4:30-7:30. I will be joined by Birmingham artist Carrie Pittman with delicious tastings by caterer Vaughan McGeehee. I hope you will stop by!

10 comments:

MadAboutParis said...

FANTISTICO!!!
Your photos will be a jaw-dropping addition to the revival of the Pizitz. Congratulations Virginie...and continued success with future projects!!!
xx,
M

William Kendall said...

Bravo, Virginia!

Karen said...

How wonderful for you. Bravo..

maxmom15 said...

Wow! But not surprised. You have such an artistic eye.

Maya said...

Fabulous!!

maxmom15 said...

This is Linda T. These are wonderful.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Well done.

Margaret said...

These are amazing! I'm so happy for you. Hope to make it to Henhouse.

Bob Crowe said...

Congratulations! You deserve the recognition. It would be amusing to put them in a museum without explanation and have art snobs try to identify the artist.

Virginia said...

Bob, I'm aware that they won't appeal to everyone, but what art does? You have a great idea. I'd love to hear the comments.