Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Homework I






I"m currently enjoying an online photography class, Creative Workout, with my friend Meredith Mullins who now lives in Paris. Each week she introduces 1-2 well known photographers and we explore their work. She then sends us off with our cameras to complete a homework assignment with their work as our inspiration.

Week 1 was Robert Frank, who was able to capture the essence of a place while often breaking the rules. We were to do the same. I never realized how hard breaking the rules would be for me. I offer up my image taken at Sam's Super Samwiches. The bottles, smack dab in the middle of the photo is in focus while the others, although out of focus, give the viewer reference.
BTW, the BEST HOT DOGS on the planet!

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good composition!

TheChieftess said...

Very cool shot! I love the idea of her class!!! How many sessions is it? I've posted periodically in the 52 Frames weekly challenge group and they do a week where you're supposed to pick a photographer that inspires you and use their process to inspire you in some way...

Benita said...

OMG!!! I love those hotdogs and miss them sooooo much! You are so right...BEST EVER!!! Love the work of Robert Frank! It is definitely hard to break the rules and I struggle constantly with it! Great shot!