Saturday, August 2, 2014

Bits and Details



Those of you that follow this blog know that I have had a love affair with the Lyric Theatre for YEARS.  Now, thanks to generous donors, the 100 year old Lyric is undergoing a fabulous restoration. I am grateful to be included in the documentation portion of all this.  I'll admit, the idea of the grungy, crusty theatre, that I've been passionate about photographing for so long,  getting "spiffed up", has taken me a while to accept.  I have loved her in all her peeling paint, bats, and dangerous areas for a long time. Today, I share one obsession, the plaster details. Look closely, that's horsehair. That is what makes the acoustics so fabulous. The best is yet to come.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

It'll take awhile, but documenting the full process was a very good idea for the restoration.

Birdman said...

In doing over our 200+ yearold farmhouse, I've had my fill of horsehair plaster, thenk you.
So, what are the plans for the remodled theater? Movies? Condos? Shops? Lawyer offices?

Virginia said...

Bird,
The plans are for theatre, opera and ballet!
V