Friday, September 15, 2017

Where Artists Create - The Studio







 Donna Sophronia-Sims' studio, is so small that it was difficult to get a wide angle shot. These detail shots will give you and idea of the delightful collection she keeps stacked on shelves on all four walls!


VJ: Tell me about your creative space

DSS: My creative space is a detached metal building in my backyard. I"m surrounded by found and discarded objects waiting to become something beyond their original purpose. I have to modify and join all of the pieces together. While I"m working one sculpture it is not unusual for me to glance over at another object on the shelf and  have an idea speak in my head. In addition, listening to lively music keeps me energized and drowns out other noises that could be distracting.






2 comments:

William Kendall said...

It looks like she has a lot of eclectic material to work from.

Daryl said...

her 'art supplies' remind me of all the paper, magazine pages that our dear late Alice Balterman kept for her collages and repurposed books ..