Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Most Faithful Friend


* This week's Guest Photographer is my dear friend Jean Reed. We go back a very long way together, and she was taking fabulous photographs long before I even thought about it. I hope you will leave comments for her. She'll appreciate it so very much.

Each day my dog carries her blanket outside, drops it to go mark her territory, runs down the driveway to get my paper, and then comes in with me to get breakfast! Each night she sleeps by my bed ---and many nights on my bed with her head across my feet! As I leave each day, she watches from the living room window til my car is out of view!


Jean Reed - Guest Photographer

15 comments:

Babzy.B said...

good dog indeed :)

Virginia said...

Love that Sophie girl. I remember when she jumped through my car window when I came to your house one time! HA

Jilly said...

She's just gorgeous. What would we do without our dogs. Am enjoying your photos, Jean.

siva // ശിവ said...

Good one...

Lori Skoog said...

A beautiful pup who obviously adores you (and vice versa). How fun, to sub for Virginia.

B SQUARED said...

Dogs come from God. What more can I say.

Janet said...

What a beautiful and faithful friend!

JC said...

Your dog is talented
My dog brings me her leash
Or her squeekie ball

She sleeps at the foot of my bed too

Anonymous said...

Mine vacuums.

Halcyon said...

Isn't unconditional love wonderful?

Virginia said...

Jean,
What Altadenahiker means is her dog is the fertilizer distributor for Altadena, CA and also has other talents. I'll ask her to comment and explain Albert's other job descriptions. BTW, he is coming to stay at CHez Virg soon.

B2, you are right about that my friend.

Jean,
CHeck Jilly's blogs. A dog lover for sure. Her dog blog will warm your heart.
V

Anonymous said...

Jean, Albert the Lab is the county extension agent for chez moi in Altadena. He oversees the planting, makes nice with squirrels, and keeps us on top of the US economic indicator, aka banana plant. He vacuums up the loquats and anything else that happens to land on the ground or kitchen floor. I'm sure he would be smitten with your pup. I am.

marley said...

Ahh, what a cutie!

Maya said...

Awwww, I love that photo and the story of her daily life!

Judy - So California said...

Hey all - Help me out here - what am I doing wrong? My pup is on the sofa on her back waiting for a belly rub and I AM bringing the paper in. Who's trained in this family? We know don't we. Jean - I love your Sophie.