Sunday, June 7, 2009

Nostalgic Sunset



* My friend Jean Reed continues as my guest photographer this week. I'm enjoying her photos as I prepost them so I know you are too.

During the 20’s Quinlan Castle was the swankiest place to live in Birmingham. My mother lived there while taking classes at Business School—around 70 years ago. During her recent hospital visit at St. Vincent’s last fall, the view from her window was this nostalgic sunset view of Quinlan Castle in the Birmingham skyline! The view to the south from her window was the Red Mountain Expressway that leads to the Over-the Mountain suburbs. Vulcan is along the mountain to the right side in the photo!

Jean Reed - Guest Photographer

8 comments:

Virginia said...

Bonjour Jean,
I'm sitting here sipping coffee and munching a pain au chocolat while enjoying the sunset on Quinlan Castle!!
V

James said...

Hello Jean, The sunset at Quinlan Castle is amazing!

Virginia having coffee and pain au chocolat in paris is one of my favorite things to do. Have a great day!

Harriet said...

Dear Jean, What a gorgeous sunset!

Virginia: When I'm in Paris, I have a pain au chocolat pour le petit déjeuner chaque jour....si possible! That's what I had this morning, but there are no Charleston versions that come close to those in Paris.

Even my word verification has a french flair: bries!

siva // ശിവ said...

Nice colors of the sky...

Char said...

makes me miss Bham! great shot

Lowell said...

Bonjour Jean, from Ocala, Florida...you're doing a great job and I know Virginia's having a great time ... Merci!

Love the sign; you're not a school teacher, perchance?

marley said...

Beautiful sky.

Maya said...

What a beautiful sunset behind a great silhouette!