Friday, January 14, 2011

The View


My very talented artist friend Kevin Irwin's studio is one of my favorite places to shoot. It's located right over the viaduct from downtown Birmingham.  I love the way the window frames Sloss Furnaces in the distance.

Today I will hopefully be arriving back in Birmingham from a  wonderful 7 days in Paris with my dear friend Mary Gilbert from Cincinnati.  I will begin  posting new  photos on Paris Through My Lens tomorrow so  jump over and have a look. Many thanks to all of my guest photographers for sharing their work  while I was gone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully framed photograph Virginia.
Welcome back.
Costas

Leif Hagen said...

V - it looks like you had a FANTASTIC time 'a Paris based on your Facebook photos! Looking forward to seeing more French capital fotos!
"Borta bra men hemma bast" - Swedish expression meaning > "Away is good but home is best."
Welcome home
PS - How about a "Here's my loot from Paris on my dining room table" photo??!

Virginia said...

Leif,
With just a carryon bag, the only folks that get loot are the grandkids!
V