Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chinese New Year - The Year of the Rabbit


I've been looking around the blogs and noticed that a lot of my fellow bloggers have jumped right on the
Chinese New Year celebrations photos.  I've been in *pre-photo exhibit hysteria so I assumed I'd missed our great festival at Boutwell Auditorium.  On closer look, I see I can still  be part of the festivities on February 19 from 11-4  at the Boutwell Aud.!!  So today, a look back at last year's fun. I'll be back with more on the 19th!!!

 * I am pleased to announce that my work, "Birmingham and Beyond",  will be on exhibit at Little Savannah Restaurant and Bar on Clairmont Avenue in Forest Park.  The opening will be Thursday, February 10 from 5:30 to 7:30pm.  I would love for my Birmingham readers to stop by and say hello.  The exhibit will hang until March 10th.

13 comments:

jb said...

Mint juleps and grits icluded, I would hope...?

Pat said...

Happy New Year to you!! Best wishes for your expo!

Daryl said...

Happy Chinese New Year .. in an hour you'll want to celebrate again ;-)

Luis Gomez said...

Excellent news! Congratulations on the exhibit!

VP said...

We have many Chinese here, but they apparently don't care about New Year...

Wayne said...

恭喜發財

:-)

TheChieftess said...

Congrats on your exhibit!!! I think this photo'll do until you're back on track!!!

Amanda said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Anonymous said...

If I lived with 200 miles of Birmingham, I'd go straight to your exhibit. Instead, I'll have to virtually enjoy your Thursday opening.

Bob Crowe said...

Is that like "we must all hang together or surely we will all hang alone"? No. You'll knock 'em over.

FancyHorse said...

I wish I could come, but Birmingham will be coming to me then. (my son, anyway!)

I thought you'd show one of the rabbits around the Five Points fountain!

Rob said...

congrats! Wish I could visit and see your work in person.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, V.! I would love to attend your exhibition.