Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cooking With Cliff


You've met my friend Cliff Holt before.  He and wife Maureen own Little Savannah, one of Birmingham's best restaurants.  From time to time Cliff holds Saturday cooking classes.  Recently they used my daughter Melissa's kitchen, and I had the pleasure of photographing the eager students as they helped Cliff prepare a delicious meal.  We all sat down for a leisurely lunch and enjoyed the results.

The Menu:
 A very fine grilled steak with a Marchand de Vin sauce, haricot vert with shallots (I think) and purple sweet potato gratin. C'est bon!!

For more information regarding the cooking classes, click here.

Little Savannah
3811 Clairmont Avenue
205.591.1119

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would not mind attending the class myself and then taste the results of the lesson.
Have a great weekend Virginia.
Costas

Birdman said...

What was on the menu? I bet these classes are fun and enlightening.

Leif Hagen said...

Looks like a scrumptious, fun time!
Bon appetit, V!

Luis Gomez said...

How wonderful! I am not much into cooking but I love photographing food. Sounds like you had a fun day.

Kate said...

A photograph of rapt attention.

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but I just heard a segment on NPR about Birmingham and the mines and the park they just opened. Fascinating.

And when they talked about the metal statue (the largest metal statue in the world), I already knew all about it.