Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lunch at Bettola


Today I had lunch at Bettola at Birmingham's Pepper Place ( Martin Biscuit Co. to be exact). Bettola is a really hip place, and I always feel very "with it" when I dine there! I met my cute friend from the Birmingham Children's Theatre, Nancy Jones, there to discuss an exciting photography project that she's proposing for me to shoot this fall. Oh don't you worry, you'll get to see it all from start to finish. Stay tuned!

P.S. Nancy tells me she is a trés faithful fan of both my blogs. Merci beaucoup mon amie! And you all will get to see her in person , I promise!!!






11 comments:

Nancy said...

Now I feel "super hip" that I made your blog...and I was standing right next to you when you took the pics!
Thank you so much for meeting me for lunch...I am very excited about our little project!

I put your website up on twitter today and shared it with some lovely ladies at my 2pm meeting! Hope you get some new fans!

Olivier said...

superbe ce jeux avec les lumières, j'adore.

B SQUARED said...

Bon appetite!

Karen said...

Looks like a nice place to lunch. I see you like to photograph lamps, too. We should start a Lamps/Lighting in Restaurants day. I find them very photogenic.

Rob said...

Elegant light fixtures, Really sets off the ambiance.

Lori Skoog said...

What a great place for a meeting. I look forward to viewing your new project!

Ken Mac said...

love the light's glow!

Lowell said...

Hey V! These are just superb artsy shots! Love them all.

Keep them for your gallery showing which I foresee in your future.

Bob Crowe said...

This must be the place to go for B'hamians who don't want to talk about football or Republican politics. The first image is so spare it could be a restaurant in Japan.

Virginia said...

Bob,
There's no place here to go to escape football or Rep. politics! HA But good try! :)

Jacob,
Oh I wish, but merci!

Lori,
Oh I'll be showing you all the photos from this exciting photo project!

Katie said...

Very cool (hot?) light fixtures V! did you feel like you were at a hip Parisian bistro? (Hope you're finally over jetlag, even if you haven't stopped missing Paris.) I can't wait to see your exciting photography project!