Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jones Valley Urban Farm- A little green amongst the asphalt


A garden plot tended by a group from the YWCA

Welcome back to the Jones Valley Urban Farm.  A non-profit agency that utilizes 3 acres of vancant downtown property.  They raise vegetables and flowers and do a terrific job of educating the community about healthy food.  I've posted about this great place here.  I also stop by their booth at the Pepper Place on Saturdays to buy their organically grown produce.


The JVUF's booth at the Pepper Place Market always has a terrific variety of cut flowers as well as organically grown veggies.

13 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

A nice welcome home shot. the photos are so full of joy. Welcome back and I am enjoying photos on both of your sites.

Olivier said...

j'aime beaucoup cette chaise redessiner par un enfant.

B SQUARED said...

Wish there were more places like this,

Maya said...

Sounds like a great organization. I'm glad you buy from them!

Thérèse said...

A fun tag!

Gunn said...

Colorful and very very nice! ;-)

Halcyon said...

Beautiful! That chair looks a bit rickity though.

Anonymous said...

good for them. Love that chair.

Cloudia said...

Your blog has a "voice" that I enjoy.
Aloha!
Comfort Spiral

Char said...

that booth and continential are my favorites at pepper place

Virginia said...

Char, Oh I hear ya. I'll be there Saturday eating a pain au chocolat and buying some posies and tomatoes for sure.
V

Jane Hards Photography said...

This just made me smile. That chair with the stickman is very cute.

Unknown said...

Good post.....
Great Blog.....
interesting......
Every one should read this ....
thanks for sharin with us......

________________
DyanaDevis

Online Marketing of your brand