Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Little Reminder


My dear friend Phoebe brought me this card from a recent trip to Chicago. It's pinned to the bulletin board above my computer. I laughed when I got it because it's probably true, although I'm not so sure I'm all that interesting in real life either! One thing I do know, my life is more interesting BECAUSE of my blog! As we all do when a new year unfolds , I looked back to the beginning of my blog in June, 2008, and how clueless I really was. I thought posting a photo a day would be a piece of cake. A year and a half later, I can tell you for certain that a lot of the time it is a piece of cake, but some days it's like "pulling teeth" as my Momma use to say. That said, blogging has become one of the most rewarding challenges I've ever tackled. Oh my, the wonderful friends I' ve made flung far and wide across the globe. Some I've had the great pleasure of meeting in person. You have all broadened my horizons a thousand fold. From my little office, I take a marvelous trip around the world each and every day. Not only that, so many of you stop by and pay me a visit ( and I don't even have to get out of my PJ's if I don't want to!). Our fearless leader Eric is celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Paris Daily Photo soon. He's the one that got me hooked, and I was lucky enough to tell him in person last July, what a great ride it's been for me! Eric, you really started something!

And Happy Birthday wishes to our friend Petrea, who's Pasadena Daily Photo is celebrating it's 2nd Birthday!!

20 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Virginia...my "travels" with you have been nothing but exceptional! This blogging stuff has certainly opened up my world! Happy New Year!

Gunn said...

Well, I have to say that both your blogs are inspiring and nice to read, so do keep up the very good work in 2010.
Greetings from Gunn

Kate said...

Looking forward to more of your Birmingham blogs this year. Peace!

Birdman said...

I agree... although I have met a Blogging pal I still do love the anonymous travels T take each day.

brattcat said...

I'm certain you are equally a joy to be with in person as you are here in cyberspace, V. Eric, I thank you for this brilliant idea. This is a powerful example of the ability of the internet to create an international community based on common interest and cross-cultural curiosity.

Leif Hagen said...

I bet you're even more interesting and fun in real life! Rock on, Virginia! Blog on!

Unknown said...

Very clever post, V.! And I second you as to the blogging thing!
My best wishes for 2010!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Happy New Year!
I hope you got your greens and peas for a lucky start.

Virginia said...

Sandi
I sure did! What I didn't have was fried green tomatoes! I've never tried to fry those but I know where to get em!

Louis la Vache said...

You? Clueless?
News flash: «Louis» is STILL clueless...

PJ said...

So true, so true. I hold to the theory that we're our best on our blogs because we get to be ourselves, our very best selves, on our blog. That's why we do it, for the sheer pleasure of sharing in each other's authenticity.

wv fluxjz

Maybe I can use this the next time I play Scrabble? It's a word, right?

Bob Crowe said...

Oh, that can't be true. Absurdly self-deprecating. More likely: I'm more interesting than my blog. Makes me think of the hit song by that one hit wonder group Right Said Fred (which I once ran into in the breakfast room of a cheap hotel in Miami Beach, which is another story) - make it I'm Too Sexy For My Blog. Who knows different in cyberworld?

Virginia said...

Bob,
Trust me, I'm not, I promise! I'm not too sexy for anything now! DAMN!

Paula,
It's easy to be friendly and good hearted with all these nice blog friends right?

Louis,
Trust me, I"m so very clueless. I have small pockets of computer wizardry! HA

JM,
You've been such a faithful blog friend.

Leif,
HA, I'm really not! Even my grandchildren dont' think I"m funny!

Bratcatt,
What a wonderful community it is my friend.

Birdman,
Some love to visit anonymously and others like to comment everywhere. I'm a talker from the git go so I leave a little something everywhere I stop.

Lori,
Thank you and I love your blog and your visits.

Gunn,
Visiting both blogs is hard work. Thank you so much.

Kate,
Warm wishes up there in the "North Pole"! :)

Petrea Burchard said...

This is what I get for visiting in the evenings instead of the mornings. I'm late and you even mentioned me! Oh Virginia, you are sooooo interesting on your blog and I'll bet you're even more so in person. We're all on our best behavior on our blogs, aren't we? Thank you for the mention, my interesting friend.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Virginia: You are definitely as interesting, if not more so, as your blogs. I am so grateful this quirky social networking medium has allowed us to meet and become friends. I look forward to many more meetings and time spent together talking, laughing, cooking, and photo walking!

xoxo

Janet

Maya said...

I love that card! I'm certain it's true in my case. It was a great pleasure meeting you (both in Birmingham and Paris)! Hopefully we will do it again! Happy New Year!

Jilly said...

I love this card. And you are so right, it is challenging to blog each day. so often I wonder what I did before..but then I say the same about everything, before even having a computer, let along a blog. Now I'm on to about my sixth or seventh computer, third camera...oh dear, where will it end!

Meeting you one day I hope!

Nathalie H.D. said...

What a fun card!

Happy new blogging year to you my friend!

Thérèse said...

How fun!
You are such a good "Semeuse" on the blogosphere!
Can you guess why "semeuse?"

Daryl said...

I am so glad you blog!