Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Momma Mia!





Last Tuesday  you met Andrew from the Goodyear Shoe Hospital in downtown Birmingham.  I promised a return visit.  Meet Momma, the shop mascot.  Rhonda, the owner, found Momma and her littermates in the parking lot out back.  Momma has been Rhonda's faithful companion ever since.  While we were there photographing, Momma gave me many resounding meows, along with several scowls  that would stop traffic.  When Rhonda urged me to pet her, naturally I balked.  I nervously held out my hand,  fully expecting a mauling.  To my surprise, after a quick sniff, she rubbed up against my hand like I was her lost long friend!  Momma's encore was to "sit" on command.  After a few minutes of coaxing, she made us all proud.(See the photo below.)   I may be more of a cat person than I thought.

I have only been part of the City Daily Photo community for about 3 months.  I am grateful for the friendships that I have made in this short time.   Special thoughts and prayers go out to our friend Pat,  Bibi in Belgrade ,  on the loss of her dear husband Ivan.  



14 comments:

Saretta said...

Pretty kitty! I love cats!

Tash said...

I am glad you made a fast furry friend. I am saddened by Pat's loss and appreciate the friendship you offer to so many of us, so consistantly & for sharing your life through beutiful photos. Thank you, Natasha

Olivier said...

Il est très mignon ce chat, il doit être une vraie star. belle tonalité pour cette photo.
Un bel hommage a tes amis, amis d'un jour, amis toujours.

It is this very cute cat, it must be a true star. beautiful tone for this photo.
A beautiful tribute to your friends, friends of a day, friends forever.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I am a dog person , but msut admit to the affinity with the odd cat.
Glorious colours, beautifully crafted words as usual. I too have only been with the CDP for months, and with the odd exception find the the community to be a supportive, fun, stimulating place. I echo Your words for Bibi who was kindly one of the first CDP to amke me truly welcome.

angela said...

Lovely photo, Virginia. It would make a great poster. I was wondering what's in the background..
Sad news about Bibi. Thanks for passing it on.

Virginia said...

It's a shoe repair shop so those are shoes in bags with call tags on each.

Rob said...

Cute cat, a store needs that homey feel. Sorry to here about Bibi's loss.

D said...

Glad you made friends! Momma is a cutie cat!

Ming the Merciless said...

A cat that sits on command?!?! I would pay money to see that. :-)

When you go to Paris later this year (or is it next year), we will be expecting a "temporary" Paris blog.

Virginia said...

OH MIng, I plan to give King Eric a run for his money! :) And it's in 3 months!!!!!!

Katie said...

Momma is such a sweet looking cat! I think she's won you over fur sure (oops, pun unintended). I'm getting to know the cats on my morning walk. Some talk to me, some ignore me. Very sad news about Bibi. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Ooh I can't wait to see you give Eric a run while you're in Paris! I plan on pre-posting lots of old Paris postcards before I go (3 weeks from Friday!), then updating my posts with photos and info about what I'm doing. I will do lots of research so I can pass along delightful places to hang out, things to eat, etc. I'm so bummed we won't overlap. Next time!

Marie Reed said...

I am devasted for Bibi too... I hope that this strong powerful and loving cdp community can help keep her from feeling lost and lonely during this hard time.

Janet said...

Yes, every shop needs a resident cat!

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" knows that Bibi could use the support of her friends across the blogosphere right now.