Monday, August 18, 2008

Two Things Challenge: Window / Shop






Today's entry is actually two window shoppers.  Since I'm a day late, I decided to break as many rules as possible.  My Eva is shown with her nose pressed to the window of the Homewood Toy and Hobby Shop.  This family run business has been making kids squeal with delight ( or have a hissy fit when they have to leave) for many, many years.  Located on 18th Street in downtown Homewood, it is the shop for the the latest and best loved toys around.  The doll selection is amazing,  and they have every car, boat, plane or train model you can imagine.  Now you understand why there're  always nose prints on the windows.

I just had to include this cute furry friend who drug his owner to Generation Dog.  A brand new store to the Homewood area, it has every cute collar, dog bed or accessory your pooch could beg for. 

Check out the other Two Things Challenge participants.



15 comments:

angela said...

Wonder what the dog saw in the shop that he couldn't live without...
Sweet photo of your grandaughter. Who could possibly resist such a toyshop?

Ken Mac said...

that poooch wants in!

Halcyon said...

Nice photos!

I like your new header with the zinnias. Very colorful.

PJ said...

I love the concept of the challenge but I'm going to lurk for a while. I'm already putting in too much time blogging. I'll stick with SWF for now and watch and see. Are you allowed to take your pets in, like Petsmart?

Virginia said...

PJ,
The beauty of 2 Things is that it is tres low key. As you can see, I am never quite right with it. Sometimes I am too early, the next week late (like this week) and sometimes I can't find anything and don't do it like last week. The instigators of the challenge put up with my foolishness with smiles on their faces. This week it's Hard/Soft. I am still a lookin for that one. Whatever, we are happy to have you "lurk"!!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Lovely pics and story.
But I'm still trying to get over yesterday's tiny toes. Your photo is a gem.

Tasha said...

I stumbled onto your blog and love all the photos! You're a very talented photographer!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos today!! At first glance the toy in the window looks like a very colorful stuffed turkey!? What is it? Thanks for sharing

Virginia said...

Eva is gazing longingly at some really cute overnight bags with LEGS called....Sleep Walkers! Now that's a grandmother trap waiting to happen. Inside, my personal "swoon" items are the Madame Alexander dolls and really all the other million dollar babies to be found.

Tasha K., Great to have a B'ham girl stopping by!

Clay Perry said...

great picture, i love the idea!

Knoxville Girl said...

I like both shots today.

Chris said...

Love the dog (of course!)

Rob said...

Yes, of course, window shopping, the perfect play on words...and I missed it! Excellent choices.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

wonderful post...I love shop window pics - and ones featuring kids and/or animals are doubly delightful.

it's really quite hard at times to post only one photo... but then some of us have another blog where rules don't apply!!

Anonymous said...

Mooom....You forgot to add how your favorite daughter grew up with the owners, and how this business is now in 3rd generation hands !!!! WE LOVE Homewood Toy and Hobby!!! Always toys to play with and dolls to drool over! another good one mums!!-kat