Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Star, a Homewood Tradition



The star hanging at the top of the hill in downtown Homewood has been shining at Christmas for as long as I can remember. (Yes, we had electricity back then! ) I like it when communities honor longtime traditions! I featured it last December from another angle here. I decided to try it from another perspective a few nights ago. Twinkle, twinkle!!

LATE BREAKING WEATHER NEWS!!!
For days the weather man has said we'd get snow flurries late Friday night. We all laughed and laughed and said our usual, "It won't stick!" Well hello snow. This is what I saw from my bedroom window this morning. The roads are clear so we're good to go but it is a lovely scene to enjoy with my morning coffee.



14 comments:

Kate said...

We always go to a Christmas eve pagaent, entirely by children with a lovely choir background, and it is always a treat to see the shining star that miraculously appears above the altar at the appropriate gospel reading. Stars are a terrific symbol for the season. Thanks for yours!

Thérèse said...

This kind of tradition should be a requirement. (oops for the link!)

MadAboutParis said...

Global warming in reverse eh? I'm 464 miles north of you and we haven't had a flake! Be careful out there!
xx,
M

Lowell said...

I like snow a lot better when all I have to do is look at it out the window. But this is a nice shot, V...so long as you have coffee to keep you warm! ;-)

Julie said...

I wondered if you would do Homewood again this year. Goodo.

That poor little red leaf right in the centre. Hanging on to the bitter ...

Those power lines are a worry, no? Here in Sydney they would carve a most ugle passageway through any intrusive canopy.

Tash said...

Hello again, the star of Birmingham and the lit star too :)

The snow photo is just magical.

PJ said...

I remember that other photo from last year. And just like last year we didn't get any of the snow. '~(

Petrea Burchard said...

That is just beautiful. On both counts.

Bob Crowe said...

Amazing. We haven't had any yet.

So - twinkle twinkle great big star, let's go see you in our car. Right?

Cloudia said...

Brrrrr! My pineapple blood is too thin for that!



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Virginia said...

MORE SNOW TO FOLLOW. GET READY EVERYONE!

Virginia said...

MORE SNOW TO FOLLOW. GET READY EVERYONE!

brattcat said...

Love this composition, V. Enjoy your snow while it lasts. Just don't slip and fall!

steviewren said...

Wasn't it beautiful!!!