Thursday, November 12, 2009

Honoring Our Heroes



Yesterday after my museum shift, I just walked down to 19th Street and waited for the Veterans' Day Parade to begin. Our parade is known as the oldest and largest Veterans' Day Parade . A lot of great flag waving and cheering for our heroes past and present. Today a few of our heroes past. There will be more photos to come.

For those of you that enjoyed my friend Michael Dulin's great music here on BADP, I want to invite you to his new website here. Check the NEWS section each week. Mike will be offering an original song each and every week .....FREE!


13 comments:

emily michelle said...

What great pictures! I like the top one especially.

TheChieftess said...

Wonderful photos!!! Ditto about the first one..classic! Sounds like a fun parade!

Anonymous said...

I liked your tribute to veterans. I especially liked the first picture.

brattcat said...

I'll chime in with the others. That first picture has multiple generations and multiple wars represented. What an important image.

Anonymous said...

The mass of flags is breathtaking!

Thérèse said...

Mix of generations and communication is key on a Veterans Day.

Lowell said...

Excellent! Love veteran's parades!

Daryl said...

Love them. Great choices, tho I did love those marching feet

PJ said...

Those are some great looking Southern gents, Veteran's Day brings out the best in everyone.

Janet said...

I just love your closeups of the parade veterans.

Cloudia said...

Good job!



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Bergson said...

j'aime les trois soldats ; malheureeusement on en déduit que la guerre traverse tous les ages

FireLight said...

V, do you remember when we did not have the day off from school, but we might be allowed to leave early to attend the Veteran's Day Parade? My dad and older brother were always in it. It got to be such a big event involving school bands from all over the state...that somewhere along the way....the sate made it a full holiday. I wish Georgia would do the same.....{{{{sigh}}}}.
Top of my list when I retire: I will lay a wreath on my father' grave EVERY Veteran's Day.