Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tutu Cute!!



Oh yesterday I slogged through torrential rains for a photo shoot. At first I doubted the sanity of all that. But when I arrived at my destination, I was a very, very happy photographer. You see, I was invited to the Children's Dance Foundation in Homewood. What a wonderful place this is. They not only offer dance classes at this location, but in their words:

"Children's Dance Foundation's Community Partnership Program provides dance classes to more than 1,500 children each week at more than 25 social service agencies, child development centers and schools in Birmingham. CDF’s vision is grounded by a commitment to empower all children through dance. CDF embraces this important work with the disenfranchised and underserved, providing classes to organizations that serve these students regardless of their ability to pay."

I had the pleasure of photographing two groups of 3-4 year olds. What could be more fun? I'll have to admit I need to hone my "dancing photography" skills. They were a very exuberant bunch. I hope I captured that. Maybe I'll be invited back to visit some of the other sites in Birmingham. Today.........tiny dancers. :)

For those of you that enjoyed my friend Michael Dulin's great music here on BADP, I want to invite you to his new website here. Check the NEWS section each week. Mike will be offering an original song each and every week .....FREE!



20 comments:

Pat said...

Did you don your tutu and join in the fun? I think it would be hard to resist. I especially like photo #2.

TheChieftess said...

I'm a sucker for #1...delightful V.!!!

Laurie Allee said...

So so wonderful!!! I've been trying to find the right dance class for Little Bit. She's LOVE this one!

Julie said...

The feet in the first one are just great, VJ. They are everywhichway ...

The final silhouette is poetry in motion. I look forward to the older dancers tomorrow.

Birdman said...

Love the feet in the first too! So simple and pure.

brattcat said...

Dance is a universal language and children dancing brings universal joy. Wonderful moments captured!

B SQUARED said...

Just a little more work and they will have it down.

Marie-Noyale said...

The first one on the right has great potential!!!!
I sense Ballerina waves!..

Anonymous said...

I love the clumsy grace of little girls.

Thérèse said...

Mirrors are always playing the No 1 role for little girls isn't it?

Petrea Burchard said...

They try so hard and you capture the trying. So sweet!

marley said...

Very cute!

No photos of you in a tutu?!

Daryl said...

SO sweet ..

TheChieftess said...

This is my second visit to your site today V...I still love the first one...it absolutely captures the combination of grace and sheer little kid joy and clumsiness all in one...I just love it!!! This would be a fabulous shot for any ballet studio to have framed and hanging in their studio!!! And of course, I do still love the silhouette...she's precious! Both are absolute gems!!!

Virginia said...

Thank you all for your great comments. I hope to be able to go back time and again for more!
V

And NON, no tutu pour moi! :)

Bob Crowe said...

Very high cute factor! This post makes me hear von Weber's Invitation To The Dance and I didn't even skip over a link to it. Ya know, I think I'd crop that top one even lower, like maybe half way. It's the feet and legs that are really interesting.

Virginia said...

B,
I thought about that crop but couldn't let the precious ballerina hands go. A toss up!

TheChieftess said...

So glad you skipped the crop V! I love their little "bobs" and their arms struggling to get the right position...it adds so much!!!

Gunn said...

the top photo is to me so well done, that I don`t see anything you should have done another way!
They are so cute, working hard and it is really possible to feel the concentration.

Tash said...

too-too cute! (in a really good way)