Friday, November 13, 2009

Waiting for a Fire


Today a little break from the Veterans' Day Parade, but there will be a few more photos, I promise. You know I like to mix things up a bit, so today a woodpile on my friend Beth's back deck. I love the texture, and it reminds me that here in Birmingham, we're still waiting for some really chilly weather and an excuse to light a fire! Tomorrow it's expected to be in the low 70's, ( 21 degrees Celsius for our friends in the rest of the world) so I guess we have a while to wait to hear that crackle and sidle our backsides up to the fireplace.

A little bird told me that today is our friend Altadenhiker's birthday! Joyeux Anniversaire mon amie!

14 comments:

Tash said...

simple and heath-warming photo. very nice, V.

alice said...

What sort of wood is it? Today here, 17°C they said on the radio. But it's raining so a good fire in the evening is a good idea.

Maya said...

Oooh, it's so warm! Lucky you! Here it is foggy today. Good for a fire (alas we don't have a fireplace).

Thérèse said...

Very inviting!

brattcat said...

This is a great composition of natural texture. Nicely shot, V.

B SQUARED said...

I can wait to hear the crackle. Cool, yes! Cold, No!

Daryl said...

Oh so lovely, my pretty (that's me cackling)

TheChieftess said...

Love a good fire!!! My hubby's the king of finding free firewood...and here in Southern California, that's quite an accomplishment!!!

cieldequimper said...

I love fires, I wouldn't wait any longer, if you convince yourself that 21° is cold enough! (Thanks for the Celsius version btw, though I try, I will NEVER get the hang of Fahrenheit!)

Lowell said...

Nicely done. Would you shoot that wood again if you could shoot wood?

Char said...

i was glad to come home to the warmth after being in blustery dc for the last two days. great shot

PJ said...

It's cool here so you should be toasty soon enough.

Petrea Burchard said...

Pretty shot. We can't have wood fires here anymore because of the air pollution. I understand the regulation, but will miss the lovely smell.

Unknown said...

Love these nature colours!